Reiki (pronounced Ray-key) is a natural system to help bring about an improved sense of wellbeing and a positive feeling of spiritual renewal. Energy is channeled through the hands of a practitioner. It was re-discovered by Dr Mikao Usui in the 19th century after reading ancient Buddhist texts.
Reiki is a Japanese word meaning Universal Life Force. This is the energy present in all matter. When this force leaves the body then life has departed.
While it is spiritual in nature, it is not linked to any religion. All cultures and religions have a concept that corresponds to the meaning of Ki in Rei-Ki. The Chinese know this as Chi, the Hindus know this as Prana and the Christian teachings know this as Light.
Reiki is not dependent on belief at all and will work whether you believe in it or not. Because Reiki comes from God, many people find that using Reiki puts them more in touch with the experience of their religion rather than having only an intellectual concept of it.
Every living thing contains Ki and radiates it. Those who have received Reiki attunements have their bodies energy channels opened to connect them to the limitless source of Ki from the universe. A Reiki practitioner can channel this life energy through their hands to themselves or others.
- Reiki can help give pleasure and comfort in very serious long term illness where there is no conventional help available.
- Promotes a deep sense of relaxation and well-being, balances emotions and helps to release emotional blocks.
- May relieve stress and anxiety.
- May relieve low self esteem and sleeplessness.
- In all, Reiki helps with all physical and emotional imbalances in a gentle non-invasive way.
Reiki Experiences During A Session
- Total peace and relaxation
- Heat / Warmth
- Being so relaxed, no movement is possible
- Sensations of negative emotions leaving the body
- Wonderful glowing radiance
The Reiki Session
Before the first session, details will be taken of your medical history, diet and lifestyle in a confidential consultation. This enables me to assess any current problems and to offer advice as to how improvements can be made to your lifestyle. Subsequent sessions consist of a shorter consultation to assess how you are responding.
You will remain fully clothed during the session, but it is advisable to loosen anything tight fitting and remove your shoes and glasses.
I will ask you to lay down on a treatment couch and will make you comfortable with blankets and pillows.
I will then gently place both of my hands on or just above the body in various positions. I will spend several minutes on each position, whilst channelling the Reiki energy.
The session will last for approximately 1 hour.
Link to full Privacy Statement